Tuesday, February 28, 2012

So how bout them life goals eh?

Lets revisit my 24 before 24 list shall we? Cuz I don't know that I'm making that much headway on it...
24 Before 24 List
  1. Get married - duh This one I kind of have to wait until October for.
  2. Get pin-up girl tattoo - Tay is going to design it! I'm super excited. Gonna be the coolest mom at the PTA Since I'm making Taylor design it, and I'm currently demanding save the dates and website headers from him, this one might take a while. Also...I need to save up some monies.
  3. Move into a house - Can we talk about how over landlords I am? Obviously we haven't moved into a house yet. Still over landlords though.
  4. Learn basic embroidery - Cuz I wanna be a well rounded housewife Yeah...I read the book mom gave me, but haven't actually stitched anything...
  5. Master chocolate chip cookies - I swear I can never get them to bake up properly Next month is chocolate chip cookie month. If you have any recipes send em my way.
  6. Keep a pretty fridge - I suppose I should start with cleaning it... We have groceries in the fridge...which is a step in the right direction.
  7. Finish my book - Seriously, I have the whole plot, just have to write it! Next
  8. Do the DIYs I pin to pinterest - Otherwise whats the point in saving them? OOOO!!!! I did this one. Hahahaha, big strides.
  9. Learn to style my hair - Should possibly invest in a brush, and a curling iron I learned to do a georgian knot. Which is a bit more adult than pig tails...
  10. Refinish vintage trunks - So they can actually be used as storage We have the wallpaper!
  11. Sew t-shirt quilt - Or donate all the tshirts that no longer fit Yeah...next.
  12. Write more letters - Who doesn't like receiving snail mail? I am writing tons of letters lately! And loving it! I've also started writing once a month for More Love Letters. You should too.
  13. Complete Lego Star Wars on the wii I forgot this was a goal! Excited now.
  14. Maintain a daily journal - Mom bought me an awesome one for Christmas I was doing REALLY well, and then I misplaced said journal...
  15. Take more pictures - With the awesome instax camera my parents gave me for Christmas and the digital one they gave me for my birthday last year. Instagram has been used ALOT, but I keep forgetting to use real cameras.
  16. Take "if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all" to heart - This will be hard Yeah. Still hard.
  17. Sew skirts and dresses - I have so many patterns and fabric already I'm doing very poorly with the craft themed ones.
  18. Learn to like a non starch vegetable - Tomatoes are a fruit and don't count I'm all about some spinach...
  19. Find some form of exercise Next.
  20. Finish knitting the scarf I've had laying around for two years I'm going to focus on this during my overly drugged week.
  21. Put all the random ephemera I collect into a smash journal Doing fairly well at this. Need to steal a glue stick from Mom.
  22. Start rental company with Mom - Yay for an excuse to live at estate sales and thrift stores I am redoing the website as we speak...and I think we are going to rent a booth at the next bridal showcase.
  23. Roadtrip with Taylor a few times We've been to Kentucky and West Virginia already. We have plans for the Carolinas in August. I count this as accomplished.
  24. Turn wardrobe completely into dresses and skirts - I feel so much more confident when I'm not in jeans I was doing REALLY well until I couldn't figure out how to bowl in a dress...

So you know...not so good on the headway...but in my defense I've been super busy with doctors appointments, and wedding planning, and work, and you know...life.  >_<