Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mothers Day Mumsieloo!

Happy Mothers Day to all the moms out there, but particularly to my own. I don't know who I would have turned out to be if my Mom hadn't been around, but it definitely wouldn't be the awesome person I am today.



Moms always seem to be filled with good advice, here's just a bit of what mine has taught me over the past 24 years.
  • That picture you're about to hang? It's probably too high. 
  • You don't actually have to be good at small talk for people to think you are social, just smile and listen to them. They will fill the silence. 
  • Dance in the kitchen while you're waiting for the microwave, dance down the hallway on your way to make the bed, dance while you're waiting for the dogs to come back inside. But always check under the table for small children before you do so, otherwise they will scare the bejeebus out of you when they laugh at your shenanigans. 
  • Hardcover books are sacred and should be prized. 
  • Dessert should never be skipped and good chocolate makes all the difference. 
  • So does good vanilla extract.
  • If you're not sure about your outfit, change the accessories, they're probably the wrong color/vibe. 
  • Hold your knife and fork properly and chew with your mouth closed, otherwise you look like a barbarian. 
  • Bad reality tv is fascinating, and everyone secretly loves it. 
  • Spray paint can make pretty much anything look awesome. 
  • Everyone likes a handmade gift. 
  • It's important to have friends who have known you for a really long time, but making new ones isn't a bad thing. 
  • If you're going to throw a party, follow through with the decor. 
  • It's really not hard to be nice. Or a good person. Just stop being a cow. 

Next year I'll be a mom on Mothers Day and I'm super super glad I've had my mom as an example. 

Love you mumsieloo!!


No comments:

Post a Comment